Seriously this is my new favorite salad recipe!!! Hubs didn’t even realize I used turkey! I’m actually planning to have this as my lunch this week! Easy to prep on Sunday and take it with you! 😘. Hope you try it! So much better than a lot of what you will find out at a restaurant!
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Blend
(or packaged low-sodium taco seasoning)
1/4 cup water
Nonstick cooking spray
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
1/2 medium ripe avocado
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 dash garlic powder
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste: optional)
6 cups shredded lettuce
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add turkey: cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
3. Add taco seasoning and water: cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes.or until most water has evaporated. Removed from heat. Set aside.
4. Heat a medium nonstick skillet pan over medium high heat. Lightly coat skillet with spray. Add tortilla strips: cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Mash avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt (if desired): mix well.
6. Divide lettuce evenly between four serving bowls. Top with turkey mixture, tomatoes, avocado mixture, and tortilla strips: serve immediately
Makes 4 Servings
Fix Portions: 1.5 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1/2 Blue, 1/2 tsp.