Fall and Winter to me = SOUP, SOUP, and more SOUP. I love it and it makes meal prep SO much easier!
This week’s lunch is a Hearty Vegetable Soup. I prepare it on Sunday and portion it out for the week. Now in the mornings it’s literally grab and go. I like to add 8 whole wheat crackers (1 yellow container). It’s seriously hearty and filling!
1 Tbps. olive oil
1 med onion. chopped
2 med carrots. sliced
2 cloves garlic. chopped
1 cup corn kernels
1 (14.5 oz) can diced tomatoes. no salt added
3 cups low-sodium organic vegetable broth
1 tsp. dried ground thyme
2 bay leaves
1 cup broccoli florets
2 medium potatoes. cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1 medium yellow squash.
1 cup medium zucchini. cut into 3/4-inch cubes
1. Heat oil in large stockpot over medium-high heat.
2. Add onion and carrots: cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes
3. Add garlic: cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute.
4. Add corn, tomatoes, broth, thyme, and bay leaves. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low: cook, stirring occasion, for 10 minutes.
5. Add broccoli & potatoes: cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
6. Add squash and zucchini: cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes.
Fixed Portions : 1.5 Green & 1 Yellow