Seriously this is my new favorite salad recipe!!! Hubs didn’t even realize I used turkey! I’m actually planning to have this as my lunch this week! Easy to prep on Sunday and take it with you! ?. Hope you try it! So much better than a lot of what you will find out at a restaurant!
2 tsp. olive oil
1 lb. raw 93% lean ground turkey
1 Tbsp. Taco Seasoning Blend
(or packaged low-sodium taco seasoning)
1/4 cup water
Nonstick cooking spray
8 (6-inch) corn tortillas, cut into strips
1/2 medium ripe avocado
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 dash garlic powder
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) (to taste: optional)
6 cups shredded lettuce
4 medium tomatoes, chopped
1. Heat oil in medium nonstick skillet over medium heat.
2. Add turkey: cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 7 minutes, or until no longer pink.
3. Add taco seasoning and water: cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes.or until most water has evaporated. Removed from heat. Set aside.
4. Heat a medium nonstick skillet pan over medium high heat. Lightly coat skillet with spray. Add tortilla strips: cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes, or until crisp and golden brown. Set aside.
5. Mash avocado in a small bowl with a fork. Add lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt (if desired): mix well.
6. Divide lettuce evenly between four serving bowls. Top with turkey mixture, tomatoes, avocado mixture, and tortilla strips: serve immediately
Makes 4 Servings
Fix Portions: 1.5 Green, 1 Red, 1 Yellow, 1/2 Blue, 1/2 tsp.